[cpia] gqcam with Creative WebCam II

Peter Pregler Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 16:47:13 +0100 (CET)

On 13-Mar-2000 Sang Y. Yum wrote:

> I executed gqcam and selected /dev/video1 by going
> File->Open Camera menu. I received this error:
>
> [sang@pikatsu gqcam-0.6]$ gqcam
> /dev/video: Input/output error
>
> I dont' think this is a permission problem.

I agree. But /dev/video apparently points to video0 on your system which is
not where your camera is. So either the message above is incorrect, gqcam
has a bug or there is something else. As a short test try out to link
/dev/video to /dev/video1 or wherever the cpia-camera is. That should
remove problems related to applications opening the wrong device.

In any case the output of syslog is important. You should see there some
messages from the driver if it was compiled with _CPIA_DEBUG_.

-Peter

Email: Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
WWW:   http://www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/people/ppregler