[cpia] usage under the 2.3.51 kernel

Claudio Matsuoka claudio@helllabs.org
Mon, 13 Mar 2000 19:14:15 -0300 (BRT)

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, vincent wrote:

> I try to use the CPIA driver and I ve got the following error:
> [root@jukebox module]# /sbin/insmod cpia.o
> cpia.o: unresolved symbol video_register_device
> cpia.o: unresolved symbol video_unregister_device

I've been using the module with many 2.3.4x and 2.3.50 kernels with no
major problems. I'm still at 2.3.50 but I belive it should work on
2.3.51 as well. Make sure the video4linux support is enabled in the
kernel configuration.

> also I don't know how the /dev/video is created
> /dev/video: No such device

It's a character device with major 81 and minor 0, create it using mknod.

> in the doc
> it s talk about "video 4 linux"
> but I don't see that in the kernel config ..

Character devices  ---> Video For Linux  ---> <M> Video For Linux

claudio