[cpia] still hoping

Peter Pregler Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 18:42:39 +0100 (CET)

On 15-Mar-2000 Bastian wrote:
> ok, i've done the following :
> - disabled the isdn/hisax drivers
> - compiled the 0.4.4 cpia module (disabled DMA in makefile and added the
> include line)
> - loaded the parport, videodev and cpia modules using the script loadpp
>
> here are the results AFTER starting gqcam :

Okay, is it possible that some syslog-output is missing? There should be
some lines with the string 'goto_high/low_power' and 'save_camera_state'.
Anyway, the empty version-fields in the /proc/cpia/videoN indicate that
the first power up of the camera failed. I have some suggestion that might
help with this. Stay tuned.

Apparently there is also a bug in the module load that allows an open even
if the initial query of the camera failed. I check that out. It is the
source of the ooops but it is not the source of your problem. I try to
make a short test patch this evening.

Greetings, Peter

Email: Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
WWW:   http://www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/people/ppregler