[cpia] gqcam with Creative WebCam II

Sang Y. Yum tdat@yahoo.com
Fri, 17 Mar 2000 11:48:38 -0800 (PST)

Peter,

I found a reference to "parse_header" routine and some
comments around it. It gave me an idea that my problem
might have something to do with compression.

I went back to cpia source code to see if there is a
way to turn off the compression. Ahah, in README,
there was a line that shows how to control the camera
setting from command line. So, I executed:

[root@pikatsu cpia-0.7.3]# echo
"compression_mode:none" >> /proc/cpia/video1

Bam, gqcam displays a beautiful video of my empty
room. (I've been doing this from work. Really should
get back to work... :).

Thanks.

Sang

=====