[cpia] CU SeeMe Cam Kit Problems, & Cpia driver 0.7.4

Pavan tumati@students.uiuc.edu
Sun, 19 Mar 2000 22:28:54 -0600 (CST)

I have been attempting to get my CU-SeeMe CamKit Camera to work under
linux.  I compiled the modules successfully, and got the modules to load.
On one machine, the system loaded the drivers, but when I attempted to
grab pictures, it was garbled.  On the system I am currently trying it on,
the client programs insist the device does not exist.  The driver says 1
camera was found, but spits out all sorts of strange information that, at
this point, does not make sense to me.  I would appreciate it if someone
on this list could assist me.  I apologize if the contents of this message
were contained elsewhere in the mail archives.

In the initial computer setup, I have the parallel port set at ECCEPP1.9,
and I have tried ECCEPP1.7, and I have tried both ECP and EPP.  ECCEPP1.9
seems to be the only one that gives me any good results.

Also -- *** I compiled without the DMA option when compiling the modules
to avoid problems.  In either case, the setup is not working. ***

This is what I get out of 'dmesg':

Linux video capture interface: v1.00
V4L-Driver for Vision CPiA based cameras v0.7.4
parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [SPP,ECP,ECPEPP,ECPPS2]
parport0: detected irq 7; use procfs to enable interrupt-driven operation.
parport0: read2 timeout.
parport0: Multimedia device, VLSI Vision Ltd PPC2 Camera
Parallel port driver for Vision CPiA based cameras v0.7.4
cpia_pp.c(19332):my_wait_peripheral(325):failed 0x0 should be 0x38 waited
33 jiffies
cpia_pp.c(19332):Negotiate2SetupPhase(373):B failed
cpia_pp.c(19332):ForwardSetup(833):could not negotiate for setup phase
cpia_pp.c(19334):WritePacket(1094):Write failed in setup
cpia_pp.c(19334):cpia_pp_transferCmd(1314):Error writing command
cpia.c(19334):do_command(1651):4005 - failed, retval=-5
  1 camera(s) found

... As for the parport information:

[tumati@undergrad1 0]$ ls
autoprobe  devices  hardware  irq
[tumati@undergrad1 0]$ cat autoprobe
CLASS:MEDIA;
MODEL:PPC2 Camera;
MANUFACTURER:VLSI Vision Ltd;
COMMAND SET:CPIA_1-20;

And...

[tumati@undergrad1 0]$ cat devices
 cpia_pp
[tumati@undergrad1 0]$

[tumati@undergrad1 0]$ cat hardware
base:   0x378
irq:    none
dma:    none
modes:  SPP,ECP,ECPEPP,ECPPS2
[tumati@undergrad1 0]$

[tumati@undergrad1 0]$ cat irq
none
[tumati@undergrad1 0]$

Any and all help would be appreciated... Again, I apologize for repeat of
information already posted.

-Pavan Tumati