[cpia] Vision File Format

Scott. scottf@scs.unr.edu
Mon, 8 May 2000 09:48:31 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone!

My name is Scott Fritzinger, a developer for the gPhoto project
(http://www.gphoto.org).

I am currently adding Barbie/HotWheels/WWF camera support to gPhoto and
would like to see if anyone knows the image file format? i'm not sure if
the file format is the same between the still cameras and the full-motion
CPia cameras. I know the barbie camera CAN run in full-motion video mode
(but that requires a vid-capture card), so there might be some relation.

In the barbie cameras, the picture size is denoted by:

        N1 = number of columns in the image
        N2 = number of black lines
        N3 = number of visible lines
        N4 = number of status bytes

        Number of data bytes = N1 * (N2 + N3) + N4

is this anything similar to the CPia image format? or other related
projects?

any help would be greatly appreciated. Please CC: me as i am not on the
list.

Thank you!

Scott Fritzinger
New .sig coming soon!