[cpia] Re: CPiA problem?

Chris Jones chris@black-sun.co.uk
Wed, 17 May 2000 05:33:00 +0100

Hi

Johannes Erdfelt <jerdfelt@sventech.com> wrote:

> I haven't been able to duplicate the problem quite yet. These may be
> related.

I'll try and leave it running overnight again today - it's a little tricky
though because my box is providing network access for my house LAN and so
having it crashed while I'm asleep isn't much use!

> This could be a cause of some of the problem you were seeing. I'm pretty
> confident that we (USB or CPiA) didn't cause this problem.

It's definitely not a USB or CPiA caused problem, but I thought I'd include
it for completeness as maybe it triggered the problem.
It's something that was reported on lkml a while back and appears to be
specific to the BP6. As far as I followed the discussion it seemed that this
is not actually a problem, it's just a wierdness. The errors occur on 2.2 as
well, they're just not actually reported by the kernel.

> Quite a while before this happened. Were there any other USB/UHCI related
> messages?

Nope, the stuff I included in the original mail was the only kernel messages
related to USB or CPiA (and the APIC stuff).

--
| __ -| | .'|  _| '_|___|__   | | |   |  chris@black-sun.co.uk
            S o f t w a r e