[cpia] usb errors using cpia/gqcam

James, Laura laurajames@attlabs.att.com
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 13:39:57 -0800

Hi,

I'm using an Aiptek HyperVcam Fun on kernel 2.4.0test10. Gqcam appears to
work fine with the kernel USB support and cpia.

However, when I have run gqcam (even for just a few seconds), if I then do a
dmesg, I get vast quantities of output ( >1k lines per second, AFAICT) which
say:

usb.c: bandwidth alloc reduced by 75 to 75 for 1 requesters
usb.c: bandwidth alloc increased by 75 to 150 for 2 requesters
usb.c: bandwidth alloc reduced by 75 to 75 for 1 requesters
usb.c: bandwidth alloc increased by 75 to 150 for 2 requesters
usb.c: bandwidth alloc reduced by 75 to 75 for 1 requesters
usb.c: bandwidth alloc increased by 75 to 150 for 2 requesters

and so on.  I'm running this on a Sony Vaio PCG-505GX notebook, with an
internal USB hub and no other external USB devices.

The messages don't seem to cause any trouble but I'd like to find out if
there's anything I can do to eliminate them, as in the future I'll be
running gqcam for longer periods.

Thanks,

Laura