[cpia] usb errors using cpia/gqcam

Peter Pregler Peter_Pregler@email.com
Fri, 24 Nov 2000 08:57:46 +0100

On Thu, Nov 23, 2000 at 12:24:21PM -0500, Johannes Erdfelt wrote:

> We could workaround this by postponing the transfer for Isochronous
> transfers, but it wouldn't be perfect. The CPiA camera doesn't start
> transferring data immediately so there will always be dead frames. I
> don't think you could get 10 cameras working like this tho.
>
> There may be another way. I'll have to think about it.

Okay, maybe a better place to discuss this is the usb-list since this
is something that affects all usb-video devices? Shall I raise the
question there.

> The reason why it fails at open is because it tests one frame or
> something (I haven't looked at the code recently) at open and the
> bandwidth allocation fails.

Okay, I will check the error-handling of the driver. The correct error
should be something like EBUSY.

Thanx, Peter

--
I will not waste chalk. --Bart Simpson at the blackboard
Email: Peter_Pregler@email.com