[cpia] usb webcam

Matias Freytes mfreytes@gtwing.efn.uncor.edu
Mon, 4 Sep 2000 00:40:47 -0300 (ART)

Hello,
	My name is Matias and I´m working on video conferencing (QCIF and
CIF sizes) applications at the Laboratorio de Comunicaciones Digitales,
Universidad Nacional de Cordoba, Argentina. So far, I´ve been working with
bttv848 frame grabbers (using V4L2, www.thedirks.org) with very nice
results, but I need to put a camera to a laptop. My guess is USB should be
the best choice and I´ve read about your CPiA driver. Questions are:

	*. Is Creative´s Webcam II a good option?
	*. Is your driver a V4L2 driver or a V4L driver?
	*. Are there any V4L2 ports of the driver? I got used to V4L2.

Thank you very much
Matias.

PS: please cc, I´m not subscribed to the list.