[cpia] aiptek webcam works

David Murn davey@doa.org
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 00:52:55 +1100 (EST)

On Sun, 27 Aug 2000, Ries van Twisk wrote:

> I just wanted top tell you that the 'webcam HyperVcam Fun' is supported
> using the Cpia driver (0553:0002).
> You can find more information on this webcam on www.aiptek.de

On a similar note, my "Swann SmartCam" works using the cpia/cpia_usb
driver too. (www.swann.com.au)

usb.c: USB new device connect, assigned device number 2
usb.c: kmalloc IF c0fcfb80, numif 1
usb.c: new device strings: Mfr=2, Product=1, SerialNumber=0
usb.c: USB device number 2 default language ID 0x409
Manufacturer: VLSI Vision Ltd.
Product: USB Camera
USB CPiA camera found
  CPiA Version: 1.33 (2.10)
  CPiA PnP-ID: 0553:0002:0106
  VP-Version: 1.0 0141
usb.c: cpia driver claimed interface c0fcfb80

> This is tested in a 2.2.16 kernel with the USB patch.

I'm using 2.3.99-pre6 kernel, with the built-in USB support.

> Only one minor thing is that i sometimes get a VIDIOCGFBUF ioctl error.

I get occasional bugs too, when reading from the camera, about invalid
line lengths and stuff.  If anyones interested I can paste a dmesg log of
what happens.

Davey