[cpia] Terracam USB

David Murn davey@doa.org
Fri, 22 Sep 2000 07:58:29 +1100 (EST)

On 19 Sep 2000, Samo Gabrovec wrote:

> in the log files there`s lot`s of similar lines like this.
> Sep 13 08:47:32 gekko kernel: usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 3, frame# 191

I get these frequently when I use my cam.

> I`m using the USB backport on 2.2.16 (cpia 1.0)

I'm using the proper USB version on 2.3.99-pre6 with both cpia 0.7.4 and
1.1.  Both versions give the same sorts of errors, although the 1.1
version seems to recover better.  Ie. when the 0.7.4 driver gets the
errors the only way to fix it is to reload the modules.  With 1.1, it
seems to work again after 5-10 seconds.

> Is this normal for all USB cams or is the terracam a shity one?

Well, its the same for my Swann SmartCam.

I'm using the UHCI module with an onboard USB controller on my ABit LX6
motherboard, with a 433mhz celeron (overclocked to 541).  I still get the
same errors when the machine is not overclocked.

Davey