[cpia] Re:IntelPlay QX3 lights.

f.duncan.m.haldane@worldnet.att.net f.duncan.m.haldane@worldnet.att.net
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 01:57:40 -0500 (EST)

On 14-Dec-2001 Sam Hart wrote:
> One thing you have to be aware of with respect to the IntelPlay QX3 and
> it's lights... the cpia module in the current and semi-recent kernels has
> the /proc/cpia interface turned off (I think they said it was for security
> reasons). I actually checked on this very same thing a month or two ago.

Yes.  This is fixed in the CVS, but not in the kernel source.   Also,
the kernel source is very old and has no support for the QX3 lights.

What is really needed is for the kernel driver to be updated.

> You have two options to get it to work:
<snip>

> (also, you need a patch to make cpia-control work again with new versions
> of its dependant software. I don't have the patch on me right now, but I
> think it was posted to this list about a month ago, so you should be able
> to find it with a bit of effort... or someone else might have it handy ;-)

Do you mean a patch to cpia-control? (If so I couldnt find it).
I am using a 2.4.16 kernel and the cvs cpia driver (with a few updates
I added to make it work with 2.4.16 kernels, but cpia-control has become
disfunctional...  (it now hangs)

Does cpia-control need some fixing?

Duncan

E-Mail: f.duncan.m.haldane@worldnet.att.net