[cpia] CPIA drivers

Pamela Castro pamcastro25@hotmail.com
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 13:07:15 -0600

Hello,

I just recently installed kernel 2.4 on Red Hat 7.0
My main purpose for doing this was to get more recent cpia drivers and usb
support on my computer.

I was looking at "How to get USB devices working under Linux"
and for the Basic Configuration it states I need to load the following
modules: insmod

usbcore.o
uhci.o (or usb-uhci.o or usb-ohci.o)

As well as the cpia drivers

When I try to load the usbcore.o file (insmod usbcore.o) it tells me that it
cannot find the kernel that it was installed for.  I looked in the
/lib/modules/2.4.0/ and usbcore.o is not there.  The others needed are.  I
assume I didn't install this file when I built kernel 2.4.0.  My question
is: where is it?  Where in the make menuconfig should I look for this?

When I try to install the uhci.o driver which is in /lib/modules/2.4.0/  it
states it has "unresolved symbols" and if I do an lsmod, no modules are
loaded.

Any suggestion would be appreciated...

Pam