[cpia] webcam software

Jack Diederich jack_diederich@email.com
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 15:13:42 -0500 (EST)

I don't know what you mean by double buffer exactly, but if you mean display one frame while another thread grabs the next image in the background, then most apps already do that.  libgrab & gqcam at least, and I would expect xawtv.  I'm partial to the gqcam implementation [thats a plug, I did the threading].

With all the cpia USB settings at max, you should be able to get 30fps if nothing is moving (which is alot like a cpu intensive 1fps, since nothing is moving) and 12-15 fps with alot of motion.

-jack

ps, make sure to get a more recent version of gqcam, the one that ships with the cpia driver is ancient.

------Original Message------
From: "Gleicon S. Moraes" <gleicon@uol.com.br>
To: cpia list <cpia@risc.uni-linz.ac.at>
Sent: January 26, 2001 1:08:16 PM GMT
Subject: Re: [cpia] webcam software

Hi !
I use a program called videodog, that I did justo to grab a frame, and
use a standart shell script to move it and upload.
My site:
http://planeta.terra.com.br/informatica/gleicon/

BTW: could anyone clarify or point me in how to make a double buffer
capture ? Altought its no too useful to CPiA, I can use it to my bttv
devices...
Thanks

--
Gleicon S. Moraes

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture.
                -- Frank Zappa