[cpia] Ezonics ezcam usb...

Peter Pregler Peter_Pregler@email.com
Sun, 8 Jul 2001 12:54:05 +0200

On Fri, Jul 06, 2001 at 07:45:05PM -0400, Dino wrote:

> Looking at the usb vendor id database, I find that 0x0572 is licensed to
> Conexant Systems, Inc.  So currently, there is no driver for this chip
> in Linux?  Anyone have ideas about this or where to look?  Or if there
> is no driver, where to look for specs on this chip so I can write
> one?

You have several options:

1) Add the id to the various linux-drivers and see what happens.
   Maybe it is a supported chip with a changed Id.
2) Check out the copyright of the windows-driver. If it is made by
   VLSI-systems it might be a cpia.
3) Ask at the linux-usb mailing list.
4) Ask Conexant, but that might need some patience on your side. :(

Greetings, Peter

--
You can weave your life so long - only so long, and then a thing
in the world out of your control will tug at one vital thread