[cpia] Ezonics EZDual Cam

Chris Wesneski wesneski@swbell.net
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:33:16 -0500

--------------62042242D3456F6A190F9B50

Does anyone know if the Ezonics EZDual Cam is CPiA based? I'm trying to
get it to work with RH 7.1 (2.4.2-2 kernel) with the cpia-1.2 drivers
with no luck. I've compiled the kernel with Video for linux and so forth
(following a post from linuxnewbie.org about cpia based cams) and got
the drivers to compile but when I insmod cpia.o I get:

kernel: V4L-Driver for Vision CPiA based cameras v1.2.0
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module cpia_usb

then I do insmod cpia_usb.o:

kernel: usb.c: registered new driver cpia

I run ./gqcam and get:
/dev/video: No such device

and from the kernel:

modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-81-0

I had a /dev/video already but it was a directory and when I ran gqcam
it said /dev/video: Is a directory. Duh. So I moved that and created a
hard link to /dev/video0 (why, I don't know, I was way over my head at
this point). It seems like I'm just missing something small but I don't
know what. Should there be some info about V4L loading somewhere? I'm
lost. Help!

Thanks in advance,

Chris
--------------62042242D3456F6A190F9B50