[cpia] Mandrake 8.0 cpia v4l using w3cam fails adjusting brightness (somewhat urgent)

Tobias Gogolin tobias@ing.ens.uabc.mx
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 12:54:07 -0700

I got two more or less identical setups with
a v4l interface published to a webpage using the w3cam.cgi

one uses a bttv (878) card and I am very happy with the picture quality

the other uses that little Parallel port Creative CPIA Webblaster 2

Both of them work well with xawtv (the image adjusts)

The CPIA image also works when served by w3cam.cgi (temporaryly) whenever that is only shortly after xawtv was run

I am not sure what version of the cpia module made it into the Mandrake release ( I be delighted to know how to find out )

It seems that module is not doing all that xawtv for example does ?

During the day I end up with a completly white image
at night you can see the lights of the city

Any suggestion Highly Appreciated !?

Cheers

Tobias