[cpia] MicroTek EyeStar

Peter Pregler Peter_Pregler@email.com
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 22:23:44 +0100

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 01:06:55PM -0800, Lucien Murray-Pitts wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, that's a start in the right direction then.  I wish
> manufacturers were more "open" about historic products :-/

Actually the manufacturer of the cpia-chip was very open due to someone
inside the company supporting linux.

> Sooooo one would assume that there _IS_ support under Linux for the PPT
> Microtek Eyestar as it should just be another cpia-alike?  I know the
> eyestar 2 is a cpia.

Do a 'modprobe parport_auto' (IIRC) and see in /proc/parport/0 what is
reported. If it is a genuine cpia-chip driving the parport interface
you will find info there and it should work.

-Peter

--
You can weave your life so long - only so long, and then a thing
in the world out of your control will tug at one vital thread