[cpia] cpia webcam 30fps??

McQuay, Michael Michael.McQuay@wcg.com
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 09:11:06 -0600

 As some of the other responses mentioned, 30 frames/second may not be
reliably achieveable with a webcam.  However, if you're looking for a
decent, cheap webcam, I like the Ezonics EZCam USB.

I've tried 3 different webcams, and I like the Ezonics the best.

The other two were the IBM PC Camera (which I didn't like at all, very
jerky) and a Kensington webcam (which I haven't thoroughly played with,
yet).

Anyway, of these 3 the Ezonics is the only one that works with the linux
cpia driver.

-----Original Message-----
From: lau tau tin
To: cpia@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Sent: 11/14/2001 11:44 PM
Subject: [cpia] cpia webcam 30fps??

miss/mister :

i want to run video conferencing over ipv6 on linux's platform, i almost
crazy to find out which brand of the webcam can run video conferencing
until 30 frames/second. anyone know which brand of the webcam use the
cpia driver and the performance quite good (30 fps)?? my system is :

a) processor i686, speed 733MHz, RAM 256Mbps
b) redhat kernel 2.4.6 (enable ipv6)
c) usb-controller UHCI
d) driver cpia or ov511

                                                  from Prof Dr Brandon