[cpia] Help with parallel port driver in ECP mode

Selma Kwong s369494@student.uq.edu.au
Sun, 30 Sep 2001 00:33:51 +1000

Hi,

I am trying to write a driver for Creative Webcam II (parallel port)
running under a Atmel AVR 90S8515 microcontroller.  I am using the linux
code I found on the website webcam.sourceforge.net as a start to program
in assembly.  I was wondering whether anyone can tell me the difference
in the programs provided by the website:

* Vision PPC2 sample source - pp_test1.zip
* Parallel port driver source code by STM - ppc2.zip
* In download: cpia-1.2.tgz, cpia-control-0.3.3.tgz,
cpia-control_0.3.3-1_i386.deb

Which one should I use to start off with?  I am planning to save program
space by only implementing the ECP mode without buffering (no FIFO -
asynchronous?).  I also won't be using most of the fancy functions
provided by the CPIA chipset.  Just basic transfers and getting it to
work first...
I don't know much about linux, so any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Selma