[cpia] A couple of CPiA patches

Duncan Haldane f.duncan.m.haldane@worldnet.att.net
Wed, 04 Dec 2002 02:20:22 -0500 (EST)

Hi

Good to see someone is using the QX3 ...  Its a neat device.

The /proc entry should become writable by the user once any v4l app
is started.

I use gqcam-0.9, patched.

The  /proc/cpia/video0 belongs to me when I run gqcam to view the QX3 and
reverts to root when I close it.   I dont know how this "magic"
occurs. (This is RedHat 7.3)  But I think it is (usually) standard

Does cpia-control work for you now that you can write to /proc/cpia/videoN ?

Duncan

E-Mail: Duncan Haldane <f.duncan.m.haldane@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 04-Dec-2002
Time: 02:08:38