[cpia] please test new "kernel-source-2.4: cpia version in CVS

Duncan Haldane f.duncan.m.haldane@worldnet.att.net
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 03:40:13 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I've just about finished updating the cpia driver sources for the
official 2.4.x (x=21?) kernel.   The results are in the
sourceforge cvs at http://sourceforge.net/projects/webcam
in the "kernel-module-2.4" cvs subdirectory

The new video4linux "fops" interface introduced in 2.4.19 kernels
is now used.   The driver is again stable against the (usb) cable being
hotunplugged while the camera is working...  (I dont know what
happens if a parport camera is unplugged while in use).

Its well-tested with usb cameras, but I would like to get confirmation
that all is working on 2.4.20 (or 2.4.19, but not earlier kernels)
for parport cameras.

There is a new feature: the "usb alternate interface setting" is now
user-switchable to control usb bandwidth setting.  This will now allow
more than one usb cpia camera to be on the same usb hub. (i've tested this,
it works).
See the new documentation (now called cpia.txt).
(There is an updated version of cpia-control in cvs that will control
this new feature;it will only show this feature if the camera
is a usb one).

Thanks for any parport testing reports (2.4.19 or later kernels only.)

Duncan

E-Mail: Duncan Haldane <f.duncan.m.haldane@worldnet.att.net>
Date: 17-Dec-2002
Time: 03:25:36