[cpia] Creative Webcam II: 2.4.20 crashes when loading cpia.o

Torben Weibert torben@weibert.de
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 01:30:05 +0100

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing trouble trying to get my Creative Webcam II working.

The parport_pc modules loads without any problems:

parport0: PC-style at 0x3bc (0x7bc), irq 7, dma 3 [PCSPP,TRISTATE,COMPAT,ECP,DMA]
parport0: Multimedia device, VLSI Vision Ltd PPC2 Camera

But as soon as I'm modprobe-ing the cpia module, the whole system
crashes. It still answers pings from the network, but the rest of it
is definitely dead, even the local console.

Neither IRQ 7 nor DMA 3 is used by any other piece of hardware, so
there should be no conflict so far.

The camera itself should be ok. I have last used it a year ago with a
2.2.19 kernel.

Any idea?

cu
Torben