[cpia] ECP transfer of data

J114(G.M.REYNOLDS) G.M.REYNOLDS@bham-eee-fs4.bham.ac.uk
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 15:58:36 -0000

Hi,

I have written code to send and receive ECP commands to the camera.

I am trying to read back image data from the camera. I have negotiated in
the same that the DOS driver has to ECP upload mode.

When I send GrabFrame, GetCameraStatus responds by putting STREAM_READY in
the appropriate element of its structure.

After getting that value, I negotiate to ECP upload mode.

I then attempt to clock data in from the camera.  All control lines change
appropriately and it appears that data is coming in. However, the only value
on the port is 0xFF.

Answers to the following questions would help me:
1. Is the initialisation sequence critical? I have followed it according to
datasheet.
2. I have attempted to use the StartDummyStream command to get back data. It
also sends 0xFFs.

Is the bad data I am getting back from the camera a result of my poor ECP
read in process - or as a result of bad camera setup.

Are there any more datasheets for the camera available?

Cheers.

Greg.