[cpia] ECP transfer of data

Greg Reynolds j114@bham-eee-fs4.bham.ac.uk
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 13:37:41 -0000

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

I got it working eventually. The problem was the negotiation to ECP/Upload
mode (status of autofeed).

I am confused as to where the UPLOAD_FLAG  0x08 is defined other than by
CPiA. In all the documentation I have come across it only shows as
'reserved'.

The DOS driver doesn't appear to implement the IEEE 1284.3/MS ECP spec.
properly (the bit on the ECP command read does not have the 'correct' status
of autofeed).  Interestingly my implementation works with the correct
status...

In the end I solved the problem with an educated trial and error approach
:).

Personally I wouldn't call it "full chip documentation" - leaves a bit to
the imagination maybe.

If anyone is interested, I am interfacing the camera to an M16C for a
line-following robot project. I will make source available for driver when
it's finished.

Cheers.

Greg.