[cpia] stvo680b-001 ?

Steve Miller steve.miller@st.com
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:45:07 -0500

simon.thompson@videologic.com wrote:

> Hi All,
> I got hold of a camera recently based on the STV0680-001 chip and wondered
> if anyone has started doing any work on getting this thing working under
> linux.
>
> Does anyone have any idea if this is a huge task or even possible given the
> datasheet and maybe modifying the existing cpia driver for the VV0670P001?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Simon

The 680 has some still mode support under gphoto2.  Streaming video is
being worked on by Kevin Sisson.  His website is
http://personal.bellsouth.net/clt/k/j/kjsisson.  I know he has it
running fairly well with ohci usb ontrollers, less stable with uhci. You
can contact him there, and if you want to help, he has all the docs
you'll need. His driver is (or will be soon) in the 2.5 kernel.

Steve

--
Steve Miller
Software Engineer