[cpia] cpia hangs smp

Nick Holloway Nick.Holloway@pyrites.org.uk
6 Nov 2002 15:35:16 -0000

rick@silksystems.com (Rick Moss) writes:
> after adding the 2.4.18-17xsmp update to
> the server (up2date) and rebooting I had a deadlock
> no alt+f2 only  power off, I booted to the old kernel
> 2.4.10 and all was fine so after testing a few thing I found that
> I was adding modprobe cpia to the end of rc.local
> to setup the webcam. I have also learned that if I boot the
> non-smp kernel 2.4.18 it will modprobe cpia no problem

If you take the 2.4 kernel.org source, and remove the line containing
"up(&cam->param_lock);" from the end of cpia_ioctl in cpia.c, just before
"up(&cam->busy_lock);".  This should remove the deadlock.

This bug isn't present in the CVS source (nor does it appear to have
ever been).

--
 `O O'  | Nick.Holloway@pyrites.org.uk
// ^ \\ | http://www.pyrites.org.uk/