[cpia] Re: Creative Webcam II Parallel Port question

Duncan Haldane f.duncan.m.haldane@worldnet.att.net
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 11:43:13 -0500 (EST)

On 30-Nov-2002 Eugene Chiu wrote:

>> Your output seems to show some error condition?
>> Did you try to open the /dev/video0 with some video4linux application?
>                                  ^^^^^^^^^^
>
> May be this is the problem, I don't have a /dev/video0, is that normal?

from: linux-2.4.*/Documentation/video4linux/README.cpia:

USAGE:

General:
========

1) Make sure you have created the video devices (/dev/video*):

- if you have a recent MAKEDEV do a 'cd /dev;./MAKEDEV video'
- otherwise do a:

cd /dev
mknod video0 c 81 0

<snip>
Dont do the next step mentioned after this, it is outdated: /dev/video is now a
directory)