[cpia] CPiA driver news: cpia-control-0.4 released

Duncan Haldane f.duncan.m.haldane@worldnet.att.net
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 22:57:28 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, to any CPiA-based Webcam users (if any are left...)

I just released a 0.4 version of Peter Preglers cpia-control
utility with a few cleanups and the capability to set a few
more features (YUV order (YUYV/UVYV) and subsampling (4202/420),
decimation on/off and fast/slow ECP port speed).

It also no longer complains when unsupported keys in /proc/cpia/video<n>
change..

I also found some time last weekend to get patches for the
Kernel maintainers ready and tested, so the work in the sourceforge
CVS source won't just get lost.

The /proc/cpia/video<n> control interface is again writable to
in linux-2.4.20-pre10 from Marcelo Tosati, and the QX3 microscope is now
supported there.   Alan Cox has put these changes in
linux-2.5.41-ac1, so they will find their way into future 2.6 kernels.

I have just sent Alan and Marcello a patch to about cpia-1.1 (YUV420,
decimation etc), and this should also show up in 2.4.20 or 2.4.21.
Next will be a patch to update the kernel drivers to cpia-1.2 (better flicker
control)(prepared), and finally a patch with VIDIOSCAPTURE support (not yet
prepared),  This will finish moving the driver work that is here in the
sourceforge CVS for a long time into the kernel. (It needed to be done
in smaller chunks.)

I'll also try to find time sometime to check out the patch posted by Nick
Holloway in August (a bug in deregistering the camera, it seems).

Duncan

E-Mail: Duncan Haldane <duncan_haldane@users.sourceforge.net>
Date: 14-Oct-2002
Time: 22:33:45