[cpia] Creative Video Blaster WebCam II

Cris Christiane2001@terra.es
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 13:50:43 +0100

Hello,

I have a OLD Creative Video Blaster WebCam II in my Mandrake 9.1, but It works
_slooooooowly_ (about 1 frame every second). I have downloaded the lastest
cpia drivers from http://webcam.sourceforge.net (the "original" mandrake 9.1
drivers was very old!!!!), and I have compiled it and I have copied the files
cpia.o cpia_pp.o cpia_usb.o in the directory
/lib/modules/2.4.21-0.13mdk/kernel/drivers/media/video.

In my /etc/modules.conf I have added the lines:
options cpia_pp partport=0
options parport_pc io=0x378 irq=7 dma=3

Now, the frame rate is better (about 10 fps), but after 1 min. running the
program doesn't respond. I have used xawtv and camstreams programs with the
same results.

What is it wrong? Maybe, have I to patch the kernel or the paralell port
module?

Thanks,

Cris,
Málaga (SPAIN)