[cpia] Trust SpaceC@m 100 Portable

Duncan Haldane f.duncan.m.haldane@worldnet.att.net
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 15:28:37 -0500 (EST)

On 15-Mar-2003 Elian M wrote:
> Hi there.
> I have this cpia based cam (i suppose) and cant get it working with my
> 2.4.21-pre5 kernel(with 1.3 version cpia sources).The kernel is a
> modular one. I have all usbcore,usb-uhci(uhci),videodev,cpia and
> cpia_usb modules loaded and this is the log of dmesg:
>
> hub.c: new USB device 00:08.0-1, assigned address 4
> usb.c: kmalloc IF c58a7d80, numif 1
> usb.c: new device strings: Mfr=0, Product=0, SerialNumber=0
> usb.c: unhandled interfaces on device
> usb.c: USB device 4 (vend/prod 0x6a5/0xd800) is not claimed by any
> active driver.

I'm afraid that your camera is not a cpia device.
A cpia webcam has vendor/product id  0x0553/0x0002

The  vendor/product id can be searched for on
the linux-usb devices database at http://www.qbik.ch/usb/devices/

Unfortunately, for your camera it reports:
Details for: Trust 120 spacea@m
Status

( a recent spacec@m model from trust )
( Category: Video )

ID
0x6a5:0xd800

Driver
no driver available

Linux-USB link

Vendor link

Comment
contains an etoms ET31X110 chip, which AFAIK has no linux driver available. I
emailed them to ask for a datasheet but its NDA only.

Submitted by
martin <at> wrasse.demon.co.uk