[cpia] Microtek eyestar parallel port

Duncan Haldane f.duncan.m.haldane@worldnet.att.net
Wed, 07 May 2003 01:03:12 -0400 (EDT)

On 07-May-2003 Jose Sanchez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an old webcam (Microtek eyestar )attached to the parallel port of my
> linux box (SUSE 8.1).  Is it possible to use it, because I have never been
> able to use it.  Does the new driver support it?
>
> I hope someone has an idea.
>
> Thanks

If it is a cpia camera, it should work.   The webpage only says the usb
version of this camera has the CPiA chip.    Maybe the parallel port version
does too.(?)

Here is how to check:

-----look in /proc/sys/dev/parport-----------
$ ls -R /proc/sys/dev/parport
/proc/sys/dev/parport:
default  parport0

/proc/sys/dev/parport/default:
spintime  timeslice

/proc/sys/dev/parport/parport0:
autoprobe   autoprobe1  autoprobe3  devices  irq    spintime
autoprobe0  autoprobe2  base-addr   dma      modes

/proc/sys/dev/parport/parport0/devices:
active  cpia_pp

/proc/sys/dev/parport/parport0/devices/cpia_pp:
timeslice