[cpia] qx3 microscope with xawtv and cpia-control

Nick Rout nick@rout.co.nz
Tue, 04 Nov 2003 12:21:07 +1300

well this combo seems to work nicely, except i cannot take snapshots.

well i can but they don't look right.

heres a sample, created by pushing the J key in xawtv (snapshot in jpeg
format):

http://www.rout.co.nz/qx3-snapshot.jpg

here is a  _screen_shot showing what it should look like

http://www.rout.co.nz/qx3-screenshot.jpg

is this a common problem, or am i doing summink wrong?

I am using the cpia drivers in the 2.4.20 kernel - is there a point in
using the ones from your site? I am a little unsure of how much
difference there is between your drivers and whats made its way into the
kernel sources.

maybe there is a better front end than xawtv to use? I am hoping to take
snapshots and movies eventually :-)

(this may save my son from bleating to go into winders to play with the
scope!)

Thanks.
--
Nick Rout <nick@rout.co.nz>