[Publicity] Fellowships for Master Students in Computer Mathematics at RISC in Austria

JKU Linz - RISC Office secretary at risc.jku.at
Thu Mar 17 10:38:20 CET 2016

Dear colleague,

let me please ask you to make the announcement below known to students
who may be potentially interested in this program.

Thank you,

Peter Paule
Professor of Mathematics
Director of the Research Institute for Symbolic Computation (RISC)
Director of the Doctoral Programme "Computational Mathematics"
Member of the Academy of Europe (Academia Europaea)
Fellow of the American Mathematical Society (AMS)
Johannes Kepler University Linz
A-4040 Linz, Austria
Peter.Paule at risc.jku.at
http://www.risc.jku.at/home/ppaule

*ANNOUNCEMENT: FELLOWSHIPS FOR MASTER'S STUDENTS IN COMPUTER MATHEMATICS
IN AUSTRIA*

From: Peter Paule, Director of RISC (Research Institute for Symbolic
Computation), Johannes Kepler University (JKU) in Austria.

To: Students of Mathematics and Related Subjects.

We invite bachelor and master's students who want to specialize in
Computer Mathematics with a particular emphasis on

-  symbolic computation
-  computer algebra
-  symbolic combinatorics
-  algorithmic intelligence
-  automated theorem proving
-  software science
-  mathematical software

and who have interest (and, in the ideal case, background) in
programming, software engineering and industrial applications.

The master program in Computer Mathematics at RISC, which is embedded in
the JKU master program, has a couple of unique features:

-  the entire program is in English
-  the master thesis projects are on real-life projects in close
cooperation with Austrian IT companies or in the frame of research projects
-  the curriculum of each student is designed in order to allow
specialization in the area of thesis project
-  in addition to the kernel courses,  we offer a series of courses and
trainings on general skills that turn out to be more and more important
for the future careers of  math graduates
-  the program is carried out in close cooperation the RISC Software
Company and the Softwarepark Hagenberg (a spin-off of RISC with its own
start-up program)
-  the program is also an ideal preparation for the RISC PhD program
-  we help students with administrative and personal problems
-  the students and graduates run their own "International Club"
down-town Linz and a Graduates Network together with the students and
graduates of our RISC Master's Program on Informatics.
-  the program is carried out in close interaction with our Special
International Master Program for Informatics / Computer Science

The general training courses include

-  Explanation Training and Formal Thinking
-  Working Techniques (giving talks, writing papers,  team work, working
with companies)
-  Industrial Project Specification and Organization
-  Leadership Training.

The following faculty of RISC are engaged in advising master students in
the frame of this program: Bruno Buchberger, Ralf Hemmecke, Tudor
Jebelean, Temur Kutsia, Peter Paule, Veronika Pillwein, Heinrich
Rolletschek, Josef Schicho, Carsten Schneider, Wolfgang Schreiner,
Wolfgang Windsteiger, Franz Winkler.

*Very good students, in the second year of their master's study, who are
qualified for working in research projects or with companies are
eligible for a fellowship.*

Students who are interested, are welcome to write directly to
Peter.Paule at risc.jku.at
with cc to our CAO, Betina Curtis, betina.curtis at gmail.com

More information at: www.risc.jku.at,www.risc-software.at/en,
www.jku.at, www.international-graduates-club.at

Best regards and wishes,

Peter Paule
Professor of Mathematics
Director of the Research Institute for Symbolic Computation (RISC)
Director of the Doctoral Programme "Computational Mathematics"
Member of the Academy of Europe (Academia Europaea)
Fellow of the American Mathematical Society (AMS)
Johannes Kepler University Linz
A-4040 Linz, Austria
http://www.risc.jku.at/home/ppaule

secretary: Tanja Gutenbrunner
Tanja.Gutenbrunner at risc.jku.at
Tel: +43 732 2468 9921

If you do not wish to receive announcements from the
Research Institute for Symbolic Computation (RISC),
please send an e-mail to the following address:
secretary at risc.jku.at