[Acpc-l] CfP Euro-Par 2001: Topic 18 -- Parallel I/O and Storage Technology

Peter Brezany Peter Brezany <brezany@par.univie.ac.at>
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 13:15:02 +0100 (MET)

                           CALL FOR PAPERS

                            Euro-Par 2001
                           Manchester, UK
                         August 28 - 31, 2001

                     http://www.man.ac.uk/europar/

                            ===========

Topic 18: Parallel I/O and Storage Technology
---------

Topic Committee:
----------------

   Global Chair : Peter Brezany
                    Institute for Software Science,
                    University of Vienna, Austria
                    brezany@par.univie.ac.at
                    http://www.par.univie.ac.at/~brezany

   Vice Chair   : Marianne Winslett
                    Department of Computer Science,
                    University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, USA
                    winslett@uiuc.edu
                    http://drl.cs.uiuc.edu/people/Winslett.html

   Vice Chair   : Toni Cortes
                    Barcelona School of Informatics (FIB)
                    Universitat Politecnica de Catalunya (UPC), Spain
                    toni@fib.upc.es
                    http://www.ac.upc.es/homes/toni

   Local Chair  : Denis A. Nicole
                    Department of Electronics and Computer Science,
                    University of Southampton, UK
                    dan@ecs.soton.ac.uk
                    http://www.hpcc.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~dan

------------

Many parallel applications need to access large amounts of data, and the
I/O performance achieved by the application can play a critical role in
the overall time to completion. The I/O performance of state-of-the-art
parallel and distributed systems, however, is considerably lower than their
computation and communication performance. As a result, I/O is the
I/O performance achieved by the application can play a critical role in
the overall time to completion. The I/O performance of state-of-the-art
parallel and distributed systems, however, is considerably lower than their
computation and communication performance. As a result, I/O is the
bottleneck in many applications. Eliminating the I/O bottleneck is crucial
to improving the overall application performance and is an important area
for research and development.

The Parallel I/O and Storage Technology track at Euro-Par 2001 focuses on
high-performance storage-related I/O in parallel and distributed environments
and aims to bring together researchers working on all aspects of the
problem. Papers are solicited on topics including  (but not restricted to)
the following:

        - Experimental I/O characterization
        - Design and analysis of I/O-intensive applications
        - Parallel file system design and analysis
        - Theory and implementation of parallel I/O algorithms
        - I/O architecture design and evaluation
        - Network-attached storage systems
        - Tertiary storage systems
        - Storage device design and analysis
        - Reliability and availability of storage
        - I/O in wide-area distributed environments
        - Language and compiler support
        - Run-time libraries
        - Parallel I/O support for databases and knowledge discovery
        - Real-time and multimedia I/O

Euro-Par conference series:
---------------------------

Euro-Par is the annual European conference on parallel computing. It
is dedicated to the promotion and advancement of all aspects of parallel
computing.

Euro-Par 2001 is  organized as a day of tutorials, two half-day plenary
sessions, and a number of parallel sessions.

Paper submission:
-----------------

Authors are requested to use the electronic form on the web site
to submit their paper.

Official  Address and Organization:
-----------------------------------

For any questions related to Euro-Par 2001 please refer to the
conference web site:
              http://www.man.ac.uk/europar/
or e-mail to:
              europar@man.ac.uk

The key dates are:
         - 29th January, 2001  : Final Date for Submissions
         - 1st May, 2001       : Acceptances Notified
         - 29th June, 2001     : Early Registration Deadline
         - 1st August, 2001    : Late Registration Deadline
         - 28-31st August, 2001: Conference