[Aec-friends] [Fwd: The Legacy of Ramanujan in Number Theory, Summer 2019]

Carsten Schneider cschneid at risc.jku.at
Tue Jan 29 11:07:10 CET 2019

Dear Colleagues,

the announcement below might be interesting for you.

Best wishes,
Carsten

Subject: The Legacy of Ramanujan in Number Theory, Summer 2019
From: "Timothy Huber" <timothy.huber at utrgv.edu>
Date: Mon, January 28, 2019 9:29 pm
To:

Dear Colleague,

I am writing to ask your help in advertising the conference "The Legacy of
Ramanujan in Number Theory: A conference in honor of Bruce C. Berndt's
80th birthday" at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign from June
6-9, 2019. The topics for the conference include all areas of number
theory, with a focus on those areas that have been influenced by Srinivasa
Ramanujan. The conference website

https://math.illinois.edu/nt2019

is currently being updated with information on registration, contributed
talks, funding, and travel can be found under the above links. To register
for the conference, use the following link:

http://go.illinois.edu/nt2019registration

There is no registration fee. However, in order to help us prepare for the
meeting, we ask that those who plan to attend register via the above
online form. There will be opportunity for 15 minute contributed talks. To
apply for a contributed talk, please fill out the appropriate section in
the registration form (see the link above). The deadline for applying for
a contributed talk is March 15, 2019. Decisions on acceptance will be made
by the end of March, 2019.

We have received funding to provide travel support for graduate students,
recent PhDs, junior faculty, and active number theorists in the U.S. and
Canada lacking other sources of support. If you wish to be considered for
travel support, fill out the appropriate section in the registration form
(see the link above). The deadline for applying for support is March 15,
2019. We expect to have an approximate estimate of the amount of funding
we can provide by the end of March, 2019.

The conference poster may be downloaded at

https://math.illinois.edu/system/files/inline-files/nt2019_0.pdf

Please forward this email and the link to the poster to your contacts,
colleagues, and students.

Thank you,

Scott Ahlgren,
George Andrews,