OEM cameras. PPC1 vs PPC2.

Jarl Totland Jarl.Totland@bdc.no
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 22:09:22 +0200

I just received this information from our friend Henry:

>Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 16:09:38 +0100
>From: Henry Bruce <whb@vvl.co.uk>
>Subject: CPiA Linux drivers
>
>Jarl,
>
>Nice to see the web page expanding and the complimentary comments about
>Vision.
>
>I see you have a list of other cameras using CPiA - here is some more
>info.
>Creative Video Blaster WebCam II   PPC2 and USB
>CVideo-Mail Express                        PPC2 only
>Digicom Galileo Plus/USB                 PPC2 and USB (www.digicom.it)
>Pace Colour Video Camera               USB only (www.pacecom.co.uk)
>ZoomCam PPC/USB                        PPC2 and USB
>
>Note that although the Xirlink C-It PC Camera uses a Vision image
>sensor, it does not use CPiA but Xirlink's own USB video compression
>ASIC. Thus the driver will be very different to the the CPiA USB
>equivalent. On the same topic, PPC1 and PPC2 will require very different
>drivers but may be able to share parallel port access code.
>
>I have contacted the developer support departments of our OEM customers
>and they will point interested parties to your website. Hopefully this
>will result in more people to help you with the driver development.
>

>Best regards,
>

>Henry Bruce

This means no Xirlink or PPC1 spinoffs are likely from our CPiA driver.
There should be sufficient info available on the PPC1 to make a separate
driver for this, but Xirlink might need some persuation to release their
interface.

Vyrdsamt,
-Jarl