camera/video quality recommendations

Troy Davis troy@nack.net
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 01:37:12 -0800

On the VLSI web site, I see that there's 2 image processors - a higher res and
lower res one.  I need a parallel/non-USB camera but am hoping to find one
with the higher res chip (and, if there is a noticeable difference, a decent
quality lens).  Anyone know which of the VLSI parport webcams has the best
image quality?  Are they all pretty much the same?

Short of that, pointers to general webcam quality review sites would be
appreciated.  I checked the list archives and didn't see this topic covered.

Thanks,

Troy