camera/video quality recommendations

Peter Pregler Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 11:07:03 +0100 (CET)

On 16-Dec-1999 Troy Davis wrote:

> Short of that, pointers to general webcam quality review sites would be
> appreciated.  I checked the list archives and didn't see this topic
> covered.

There was an article about cheap USB-cameras in a recent issue of c't, a
German computer maganzin. If you do speak German you may be able to find
something at www.heise.de. AFAIR the best rating was for one of the
Philips designer cameras. Don't ask me if there is a linux driver. ;)
Actually, as for linux I am not aware of any driver for any recent model.

-Peter