CPiA drivers for Linux

Peter Pregler Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 08:57:37 +0200 (CEST)

On 16-Jul-99 Jarl Totland wrote:
> [Reply from Jarl Totland to a mail from Henry Bruce / VLSI]
>
>>Now that people are talking about how to get best image quality, I
>>realise
>>that I have not provided any source code for the decompression. Although
>>someone has done good job of developing their own, maybe our code can
>>help
>>(see attached ZIP). This can be used with both the PPC2 and USB cameras.
> Thank you very much, this will be very appreciated.

I had a closer look at the code yesterday. Porting to linux should not be
so hard. For RGB-8 support the relevant functions and headers are missing.
It is not a big deal since I am not interested in it ;). But I thought I
tell you. Is anyone bored enough to make a decent user-space library out
of it? I will for sure use it only in kernel-space. I guess I have to talk
to Johannes Erdfelt about this.

Greetings, Peter