CPiA drivers for Linux

Jarl Totland Jarl.Totland@bdc.no
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 20:57:26 +0200

[Reply from Jarl Totland to a mail from Henry Bruce / VLSI]

At 16.07.1999 18:29 +0100, Henry Bruce wrote:
>I have been tracking the development of v4l drivers for our CPiA cameras and
>have been very impressed by the progress made to date, although it looks like
>there could be more synergy between the USB and PPC2 drivers.
There should be, and hopefully someone will get around to it.

>Now that people are talking about how to get best image quality, I realise
>that I have not provided any source code for the decompression. Although
>someone has done good job of developing their own, maybe our code can help
>(see attached ZIP). This can be used with both the PPC2 and USB cameras.
Thank you very much, this will be very appreciated.

>I'll try and update our driver notes document with more findings since it was
>first released.

>On a different topic, I have had some questions about Linux drivers for the
>Barbie camera (http://www.mattelmedia.com/barbie/photo_designer), as we
>designed the camera hardware and driver. Are you interesting in hosting
sample
>source code and docs and you did for the CPiA cameras ?
That I will do gladly.

It seems my role in this now is basically web maintainer. Mostly I am too
swamped
in work to even decompress and look at what I get. Now and then I hear from
someone who has done some more work on this. The page is now simply an
information post, not a project front. I don't mind, but if someone wants
to take
control of the development please do so, cause I have none.

I am going on 4 weeks vacation today, travelling though, no computer, no mail.
The weather is too nice to be working all day and night. I probably won't
be thinking
much of webcams. Need heavier equipment to capture the total solar eclipse :-)

The attachment mentioned can be found shortly on the webpage.

See you mid August!

Vyrdsamt,
-Jarl Totland

Business Data Consulting AS, Sandslimarka 35, 5254 Sandsli, Norway
Tel 47 55984400, Fax 47 55984450, Cell 47 95961735, http://www.bdc.no