Further Progress...

Peter Pregler Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Tue, 02 Nov 1999 09:34:04 +0100 (CET)

On 21-Oct-99 Peter Pregler wrote:

> I guess I can help you with that. ;) I have w3cam (a v4l-webcam) running
> with my driver. The w3cam also includes a utility called vidcat and I
> can do a 'vidcat -f jpeg -s 352x240|xv -' without a problem. Guess that
> is what you need. Have a look at http://lugburz.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/ for
> my test-setup. I have no idea if it is stable. But on the localhost it
> is working well. I will let it run and if things look stable enough I
> will release the first v4l-driver before weekend.

I spent the holiday yesterday doing some cleanups of the code. The webcam
at http://lugburz.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/ is online again. The first error
seems to be exposure control in none-streaming mode. It is a bit dark. :)

If you are bored give it a try. If I find some time in the evening I will
put out a first version. It runs now with most of my test application
(w3cam, xawtv 2/3, patched gqcam, but not kwintv-0.7.4 [kde software is
junk as always ;]). So at least using it for a webcam should be possible.

-Peter