Webcam II resolutions

Allan Frank allan@ostenfeld.dk
Tue, 02 Nov 1999 19:23:05 +0100

Hi,

I have a Creative Video Blaster Webcam II, and in the manual it states
that it can capture still pictures at a resolution of up to 704x576.
Therefore I installed the cam at a windows 98 computer and sure enough,
the software can capture pictures in that resolution.
Then I looked in developer.pdf under the SetFormat function. In this
function VideoSize can be set to QCIF(176x144) or CIF(352x288). How does
this add up to 704x576? Is it a software trick?

Thanks for your help and have a great day!
--
/Allan