V4L: results

Bas Rijniersce bas@brijn.nu
Fri, 05 Nov 1999 17:39:29 +0100

Peter Pregler wrote:

> I think it is some kind of smp-locking problem (related to the thread that
> queries the camera - fetch_frame_timer). The printk-stuff will not

I guess so, I don't know to  much about C, but looking thru v4l.c there
wasn't to much that looked very SMP unsafe :) Just for fun I tried to
replace the smart loop that idles until an image is ready with a plain
while loop. Didn't help to much :) it hadn't looked further in the file
:)
My first post that said that I got a first image... that't isn'r really
true. It sometimes crashes before the complete GTK window is drawn,
sometime I see one "speed stats" line :((

I've been searching the web for +linux +SMP +scheduling but didn't find
anything :(

> help much. I review the locking stuff. As for now consider the driver
> smp-unsafe. :(

Any SMP guru's lurking on this list??? Please ... ;-))
I guess a lot of people read this list, more test reports would be nice.
See if there are SMP configs that work for example..

> -Peter

Thanx for the good work!

Bas

----
Bas Rijniersce                       Phone +31 341 550545
Oude Telgterweg 81                   Fax +31 341 562940
3851 EA  Ermelo                      http://www.brijn.nu
The Netherlands                      bas@brijn.nu