ERRORS

Jose Serrano Rodenas jose.j.serrano@uv.es
Wed, 03 Nov 1999 18:22:15 +0100

I have RedHat  6.1 linux machine.
I hava been trying to install the Parport driver v0.3. but I can't do
it successfully.

I am going to describe the steps that I have followed:

Command prompt                    |  Kernel messages

1>modprobe videodev            |  Linux video capture interface:v1.00
2>modprobe partport              |
3>modprobe partport_pc       |  partport0: PC-style at 0x378 [SPP,PS2]
4>insmod ppv4lcpia                 | V4L Parport CPiA Webcam driver (C)
1999 P.Pregler v0.3
                                                       |  parport0:
read2 timeout
                                                       | parport0:
Multimedia device, VLSI Vision Ltd PPC2 Camera

ppcpia:interface_pp.c:ppcpia_register(802):port is not ECP capable

ppcpia:interface_pp.c:if_Init(967):No cameras found

I have got the parallell webcamII well connected into the parallell
port.

My question is:

have I doing anything wrong?
I think so,  then can anybody help me?