Test results cpia-0.4

sbertin@mindspring.com sbertin@mindspring.com
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 08:11:51 -0500 (EST)

On 11 Nov, Bas Rijniersce wrote:
> But when I try to use vidcat ore gqcam I get the message:
>   Can't open device /dev/video
> I created the /dev/video as shown in the gqcam docs. Scott mentioned
> that /dev/cpia now exists, should I create an entry for cpia[0-x] in dev
> (how???) and link video to it?

/dev/cpia[0-x] are no longer supported by this verion of the driver.  I
think you confused this with /proc/cpia.

> Or is this my problem:
>  cpia.c(117081):cpia_open(2299):cpia_open
>  cpia_pp.c(117081):cpia_pp_open(1174):Found camera[0]
>  cpia.c(117081):printbytes(1230):04 00 00 00 00 00 10 00
printbytes shown the camera status after a failed goto_low_power
or goto_high_power.  In this case it shows that the camera is in state
4.  I've never seen that state before, and don't know what it means.
reset_camera now calls goto_low_power first, and this is failing or you
would have seen a message that the camera is now in LOW power state.
I'm late for work, so I'll have another look at this tonight and see if
I can figure out what might be happening.

>  Trying to vfree() nonexistent vm area (c8908000)
This is a bug, but unrelated to your problem.  I'll try to track it
down tonight.

Scott J. Bertin
sbertin@mindspring.com