Driver V4.0

Jean-Michel Merliot jm.merliot@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 20:38:40 +0100 (CET)

On 12-Nov-99 Peter Pregler wrote:

> On 12-Nov-99 Jean-Michel Merliot wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>         I tried the driver v4.0.
>>
>>         I just added the stuff to make it on my SPM system.
>>
>>         Compiles nicely, installs nicely, but I got an I/O error when I
>> try to open
>> /dev/video with the built-in gqcam ;-(.
>>
>>         In fact, the same problem than Bas has.
>
> Please have a look /proc/cpia/cam0 and mail us the content. IIRC it is
> populated right after the first open. Also any kernel-syslog messages are
> a must for any help. One thing, did you use the ./loadpp script to load
> the modules of kernel-patch? If not (i.e. you do insmod by hand), keep in
> mind that you have to load cpia.o _and_ cpia_pp.o (and in that order).

I loaded them by hand, cpia then cpia_pp

read-only
-----------------------
CPIA Version:             1.2 (1.0)
CPIA PnP-ID:              0553:0001:0100
VP-Version:               0.0 0000
system_state:             0x2
grab_state:               0x0
stream_state:             0x0
fatal_error:              0x20
cmd_error:                0x60
debug_flags:              0x0
vp_status:                0x10
error_code:               0x62
video_size:               CIF
sub_sample:               422
yuv_order:                YUYV
roi:                      (0, 0) to (352, 288)
actual_fps:               0

read-write
-----------------------
colour_params:            50 50 50
exposure:                 0x2 0x2 0x1 0x1 0x0 0x0 0xb9 0x0 0xdc 0xd6 0xd6 0xe6
color_balance:            0x2 0x20 0x6 0x5c
sensor_fps:               15.0
apcor:                    0x1c 0x1a 0x2d 0x2a
flicker_control:          0x0 0x0 0x0
vl_offset:                0x18 0x1c 0x1e 0x1e
stream_start_line:        240
compression_mode:         none
compression_target:       quality 7 10
yuv_threshold:            15 15
compression_params:       0x3 0xb 0x1 0x3 0x2 0x5 0x3 0x2
ecp_timing:               normal

>>         Driver v3.1 worked well afer reading the mailing list and
>> remembering my PC was dual CPU ;-).
>>
>>         If any test needed, I can help...
>
> That is nice to hear. It means that the basic v4l with the read-mehtod
> seems to work with SMP. BUT :) take care with any v4l-application that does
> use the mmap to get the data from the driver. It will definitly kill your
> machine right now. I will try to fix mmap-stuff over the weekend, i.e.
> consider mmap as broken for now.
>
> -Peter

> Email: Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
> WWW:   http://www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/people/ppregler