Peters patch

Nick Holloway Nick.Holloway@alfie.demon.co.uk
27 Nov 1999 17:06:14 -0000

sbertin@mindspring.com writes:
> Here are some more things I'd like to see added to the driver, nothing
> that is critical for 1.0 however.

A minor nit is the way that the cpia core requests the cpia_usb and
cpia_pp modules.  This isn't required.

If you have the modules in /lib/modules, and your dependencies are up
to date, then "modprobe cpia_pp" will also load "videodev" and "cpia".

If the webcam is your only v4l device, then this in /etc/modules.conf
will cause it to be autoloaded:

    alias char-major-81 cpia_pp

When trying the driver out, I run "insmod cpia" by hand from the
compilation directory.  As it currently stands, this then leads to an
attempt to load the lowlevel modules -- which just causes errors to
be syslogged.

For the non-modular case, instead of cpia_init being added to videodev.c,
and that being used to initialise the lowlevel driver, there should be
calls to cpia_pp_init and cpia_usb_init as appropriate.

--
 `O O'  | Nick.Holloway@alfie.demon.co.uk
// ^ \\ | http://www.alfie.demon.co.uk/