Lots of fun with w3cam and friends

Peter Pregler Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 13:24:46 +0100 (CET)

On 27-Nov-99 Adam Lynch wrote:
>   w3cam seems to be able do what I want to be able to do; that is, provide a
> simple online webcam of my office. So I go out and grab the current
> distribution
> of w3cam (0.6.2).
>
>   This compiles and installes fine. However, when w3cam's CGI goes to grab an
> image, it tells me it can't open /dev/video. As does vidcat after grabbing 1
> image.
>
>   And following this, gqcam gets this error:
>
> /dev/video: Input/output error

Hmmm, I just grabbed the 0.6.2 version (used 0.6.1 for my testing) and had no
problem after the upgrade. It still works Also my test-webcam at

http://lugburz.risc.uni-linz.ac.at

is running w3cam 0.6.1 rather stable now since the release of the 0.4.3 driver.
Can you send the relevant syslog output, the proc-stuff and everything else that
seems relevant :) directly to me. I'll try to fix things.

-Peter